Hey All! We've moved the Blog portion of the ComicDorksCast over to The Fantasy Shop's Website! Just Click on Wallace The Dragon to find all our new articles. We will still be posting the episodes here as to not interrupt those who have subscribed through iTunes and various other podcatchers but all of our articles have found a new home. Come find us! We've got reviews on games as well and the message boards are once again alive and active!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Another Year Older And What Have You Learned?

*On behalf of the ComicDorks I would like to wish two very brilliant and influential men a very happy 200th birthday. Here’s to many more to come… cheers!

First, to a man, a hero of the world… Well-done chap. Charles Darwin deserves humanities respect. If for no other reason than that he created the ultimate argument that appears to be standing the test of time. I will spare you my beliefs but I will say I am one hairy dude. Let us not forget the changes he made in the people’s view of human nature and social behavior, not to mention the world around them. And this, my friends has been going on for many years now with no signs of disappearing anytime soon. So, to you Charles Darwin, thank you and happy 200th. Do you feel any older? And goddmned your chops are fucking hot! Charles Robert Darwin (12 February 1809 – 19 April 1882)



Next, The Great Emancipator, a man that made the hard decision that had to be made for our great nation to flourish. (So we can try and run it into the ground.) He was a folk hero out of the great Mid-West that knew what next step The United States needed to take. And like most great men just trying to change the world for the better he had to die. Yeah, I know it’s bullshit but like John Prine says, “That’s the way the world goes round.” So, to you my 16th President happy 200th I hope it’s a good one. (Should I? Ummm… I think I have too. I’m so sorry!) Seen any good shows lately? (Scotty made me do it!)

Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)


*NOT TO MENTION THE MOST AMAZINGLY BARBARIC GENIUS OF A MAN JOHN "MUTHAFUCKIN" BAUMANN! HAPPY BIRFDAY JOHN.

No comments: