Hey All! We've moved the Blog portion of the ComicDorksCast over to The Fantasy Shop's Website! Just Click on Wallace The Dragon to find all our new articles. We will still be posting the episodes here as to not interrupt those who have subscribed through iTunes and various other podcatchers but all of our articles have found a new home. Come find us! We've got reviews on games as well and the message boards are once again alive and active!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Brief Mentions: (It’s All About the Text… My Sweet Babies.)

Death Defying Devil #4
Writer: Joe Casey
Penciller/Inker: Edgar Salazar
Squadron Supreme 2 #9
WRITER: HOWARD CHAYKIN
PENCILS: MARCO CHECCHETTO



Oracle #1
Written by Kevin VanHook
Art by Julian Lopez & Fernando Pasarin

Jack Of Fables #32
Written by Matthew Sturges and Bill Willingham
Art by Tony Akins and Jose Marzan Jr.

Superman #686
Written by James Robinson
Art by Renato Guedes and Wilson Magalháes

Wonder Woman #30
Written by Gail Simone
Art by Aaron Lopresti and Matt Ryan




Avengers Initiative Featuring Reptil #1 WRITER: CHRISTOS GAGE
PENCILS: STEVE UY

Fantastic Four #565
WRITER: MARK MILLAR
PENCILS: BRYAN HITCH




New Avengers #51
WRITER: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
PENCILS: BILLY TAN

Mighty Avengers #23
WRITER: DAN SLOTT
PENCILS: KHOI PHAM




Captain America #48
WRITER: ED BRUBAKER
PENCILS: BUTCH GUICE


Daredevil #117
WRITER: ED BRUBAKER
PENCILS: MICHAEL LARK


Well, this is going to be interesting. What I will now attempt to do is briefly mention all the great stuff in the comics from this week and it will probably make your head explode. For that I am sorry.

3… 2… …

Hi there this is Rob and you are reading the brief mentions for the books released on 3/25/09. I will try not to spoil them too much but I am not responsible for ruined books. For your enjoyment this will be brought to you in robnotes version kickass.1.

So Death Defying- Devil wrapped up like a burrito supreme with sour cream running down my shirt. That Devil dude could use a can of shut the hell up though, man but this whole Project Superpowers is a great thing to be a part of. That Oracle cover was pretty awesome! (Yep… the chesticles!) Calculator is still being a douche, man but now on a whole new level. I’m sure some minds will be blown. Lovecraft showed up in Fantastic Four and it was pretty cool. Old Jack Horner can still spin a pretty damned good yarn and viva la turtle revolution! Jack of Fables= A fun must read. Johnny Kent takes his first go at Metropolis, obviously, that book is still really goddamned good. Two words… Robinson… Superman! I finally feel like sticking with the Squadron Supreme is about to pay off in a big way. Thank you, Chaykin. Brubaker batted 2 for 2 with a fish man, a fat man, a blind man, and a metal armed captain. A heart weighed heavy in a Manazon and a mud baby, with a shout out to Rucka. (Naturally, that deserves a shout out to the one, the only, wonderful… Gail Simone. Keep on bringing the rock there Gail!) Wonder Woman is man but one of a bunch of great stuff Gail has given us. Now to the Avengers, or at least three of them: is anyone in the Initiative on the same page… besides that awesomely crazy ass scientist. Of’ course, the Initiative still rules. The New gave a great shout out to us Alias fans and a hilarious one-sided conversation involving Luke and Luke. To me it was worth the extra dollar. I like getting raises when it is deserved; therefore, I assume everybody else does too. So, I will pay an extra dollar for something I still really enjoy. (I mean how much were those final crisis issues not to mention the superman beyond? Yeah… yeah, Secret Invasion blah… blah… blah… speed on!) The Mighty is absolutely “muthafuckin” The Avenger book. It had gods o’plenty, Jarvis included. I have yet to get to Top 10 man but I am sure it will be great. My nose tells me so. And that’s the end of the blog, I am Rob and I will, looking out of my nose, see you around the racks. Y’all have a good one.
-Rob

*Outtake- “Drive to Washington, take a left, and then Kayak across the Pacific Ocean.”

( Due to the fact there is a limit to the numbers of letters you can use in a label, I could not label each book. Not my fault!)

No comments: