Hey All! We've moved the Blog portion of the ComicDorksCast over to The Fantasy Shop's Website! Just Click on Wallace The Dragon to find all our new articles. We will still be posting the episodes here as to not interrupt those who have subscribed through iTunes and various other podcatchers but all of our articles have found a new home. Come find us! We've got reviews on games as well and the message boards are once again alive and active!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Living Up To Expectations: Thunderbolts #126

Thunderbolts #126
Written by: Andy Diggle

Art by: Roberto De La Torre


Alright, I'll admit that I am a pretty huge Warren Ellis fan ... but I never bought Thunderbolts. I'm not sure why. But it's the truth. So when I heard that he was leaving the book I was a little disappointed, sure I hadn't been buying the book but I had been enjoying what I was reading. When I heard that Andy Diggle was going to be taking over the title I was intrigued. It was on the book The Losers that I first recognized how incredibly talented that Diggle is and so I was curious what he could do with a team of reformed (but not really reformed) super-villains. The first issue certainly pointed in a positive direction for the title. All of the members of the team are written incredibly true to character. The art was also rather impressive and I think that Roberto De La Torre shows all the indicators of being an artist with all kinds of potential for growth. The biggest problem with this issue is that it should have come out after the final issue of Secret Invasion ... it contains far too many indicators of the outcome of Secret Invasion. So ... take that for what you will. But know that when you sit down with this issue tha you are going to feel a dark shadow fall over you and I can assure you that by the end of the issue that you will be clamoring for the next one.

No comments: