Hey All! We've moved the Blog portion of the ComicDorksCast over to The Fantasy Shop's Website! Just Click on Wallace The Dragon to find all our new articles. We will still be posting the episodes here as to not interrupt those who have subscribed through iTunes and various other podcatchers but all of our articles have found a new home. Come find us! We've got reviews on games as well and the message boards are once again alive and active!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

In Memoriam: Fairview Heights, I Barely Knew Ye

Summer is a great invention. No school. No responsibilities. Just me and comics. Periodically throughout Summer 2008, I would visit Scott’s former comic store in Fairview Heights (R.I.P.) and spend a whole day just catching up on comic series. I began Fables there, read Batman: Year One there for the first time, and read Fear Agent and a lot of other great titles. Located 1937 West Highway 50, the Fairview Heights Fantasy Shop was a great store, which had a great selection of weekly titles and trade paperbacks. During the day, I read comics and conversed with my colleague Scott. At night, the dice came out, and D&D was played on the back table. A few weeks ago, I heard the horrible news that this store had been sold. This was terrible news. With such great memories of this store it was sad to see it go. But I bid you adieu Fairview Heights. I will miss Thai food Wednesdays and being able to read comics while watching Countdown to Wednesday. You could always count on the Fairview Heights store having the issue you needed – indie or not. Farewell Fairview Heights, you are gone but never forgotten.

No comments: