Hey All! We've moved the Blog portion of the ComicDorksCast over to The Fantasy Shop's Website! Just Click on Wallace The Dragon to find all our new articles. We will still be posting the episodes here as to not interrupt those who have subscribed through iTunes and various other podcatchers but all of our articles have found a new home. Come find us! We've got reviews on games as well and the message boards are once again alive and active!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Brief Mentions: Avengers The Initiative #19

(This is a review. I tried not to spoil too much but no promises.)

Writers- Dan Slott & Christos N. Gage
Artist- Stefano Caselli
Color Artist- Luca Malsan
Cast- Buy the issue and find out on your own. I guarantee you will love them.

Avengers Initiative has been one of my favorite books since issue #1. I just about passed on this whole “third” Avenger book but I’m a Dan Slott fan. Could I live with myself if I was to turn my back on Danny boy? No I could not! Danny boy… I heard the pipes a calling and I am so glad I did.

This book is an absolute gem over there at Marvel. Now… how about we get down to brass tax. The greatness that is the Avengers The Initiative # 19. This was brought to us with the Secret Invasion banner and yes, there was Skrull o’plenty. In this issue we get introduced to the Skrull Kill Krew, who are totally badass, as well as She-Thing. (yep she-thing) Now, with us knowing 3-D Man can see who is or isn’t a Skrull, obviously, the Skrull Kill Krew (who prefer another name) could use him. Use him they do.

The pages in between the Skrull-fuckers (that’s what they prefer, I use it out of respect) adventures we get a glimpse of what is going on back at Camp Hammond. War Machine, Yellow Jacket, Baron van Blitzschlag, Irredeemable Ant-Man, and plenty more is what’s going on back at the camp. Question… Have you ever wanted to know how you could see the true colors of a Skrull? Within these pages lies a recipe for you, brought to you by your friends the Skrull-fuckers. BBQ anyone?

These pages were action packed. So action packed it called for the Howlers to emerge. Eric O’Grady finds himself in a very awkward situation, which is how we usually find him. We discover another traitor amongst the Initiative crew and some wonderful insight into what the Kill Krew will be up to. To place the cherry on top, we leave this issue wondering what will come next or should I say how big of fight will come next.

All and all this title is a must for any Marvel fan anywhere. My advice is starting at the beginning. (that’s just me) I believe there are 2 beautiful hardcovers available if you are that kind of person. If not, I think it would be easy to track down the back issues. Please, Marvel fans do yourselves a favor. Get down with this book!

- Rob

No comments: