Hey All! We've moved the Blog portion of the ComicDorksCast over to The Fantasy Shop's Website! Just Click on Wallace The Dragon to find all our new articles. We will still be posting the episodes here as to not interrupt those who have subscribed through iTunes and various other podcatchers but all of our articles have found a new home. Come find us! We've got reviews on games as well and the message boards are once again alive and active!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What Do You Mean They're Not Superheroes?: Robert Kirkman Just Changed My Life

To understand what I am talking about click HERE



Alright ...

I admit that, since I was 8, I have wanted to be a comic book writer. Whether it was something that I wanted to do that I felt was a "front-burner" desire or a "back-burner" desire it has always been in there somewhere. But, curiously enough I have never really had much desire to write the big characters at the big companies. I never had a desire to do that one great Spider-Man story or that one great Green Lantern story ... I mean sure I have wanted to do that one great Harvey Bullock story wandering around in my head and a great Foggy Nelson story that bumps into the walls sometimes. So, when I listened to this editorial it made me realize that I should be writing the ideas for comics that are in my head, that I should be doing every last thing that I can to get published ...

So, if you are a comic artist of any style I am now interested in looking at your portfolio of work and an interested in starting to share some of the ideas that I have banging around in my skull somewhere with people who might be interested in contributing creatively to some ideas that I want to start working on.

click on name on the sidebar for contact info

P.S. Here's an interview that John Siuntres did with Robert Kirkman
P.P.S. Here's Brian Michael Bendis' response
P.P.P.S. Here's what the guys at Around Comics thought
P.P.P.P.S. Here's what Ron Richards over at iFanboy thought

1 comment:

Rob Anytime- Anywhere said...

i might know a fella. i see him every hump day. i will send him your way. sursley have you talked to darwyn about that harvey story?