Hey All! We've moved the Blog portion of the ComicDorksCast over to The Fantasy Shop's Website! Just Click on Wallace The Dragon to find all our new articles. We will still be posting the episodes here as to not interrupt those who have subscribed through iTunes and various other podcatchers but all of our articles have found a new home. Come find us! We've got reviews on games as well and the message boards are once again alive and active!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Brief Mentions: Immortal Iron FIst #21

Immortal Iron Fist #21
Written by: Dwayne Swierczynski
Art by: Timothy Green II

Alright, you win Mr. Swierczynski ... I had every intention of dropping this book when the very respectable and incredibly interesting run by Mr. Fraction and Mr. Brubaker had ended. But oh no ... I had to read one more issue and see if this new guy was going to be any good ... and now 5 issues later it is still a top of the pile read (I read the books I am looking forward to the most first ... usually). This is really one of the books that has presented the most pleasant reading experience of the titles that I am following this year. Regular artist Travel Foreman has brought a sense of kinetic movement and style to the book that I wasn't sure I was going to like but lo and behold I find myself lingering on beautiful panels and wonderful pages every issue. This issue guest artist Timothy Green II brought his fantastic sense for sci-fi to the future of Iron Fist and brought a very big smile to my face (I admit that I was already a fan of his work, having read Annihilation: Star Lord). And if Mr. Swierczynski can keep things going the way that he has over the last 5 issues for the next year then allow me to assure you that it will be in the running for my favorite book of 2009!

No comments: