Hey All! We've moved the Blog portion of the ComicDorksCast over to The Fantasy Shop's Website! Just Click on Wallace The Dragon to find all our new articles. We will still be posting the episodes here as to not interrupt those who have subscribed through iTunes and various other podcatchers but all of our articles have found a new home. Come find us! We've got reviews on games as well and the message boards are once again alive and active!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Living Up To Expectations:


Oracle The Cure # 3 (of 3)

Writer: Kevin Vanhook

Pencillers: Julian Lopez
and Fernando Pasarin

Warning… spoiler.

By the end of this book…

BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR!
BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR! BABS IN STILL IN THE CHAIR!

I’m so glad I don’t have to punch somebody in the face.

I may be a black-hearted ass face but I was so worried Babs would be Jitterbugging at the conclusion of the mini-series. Come on it’s called the cure. Barbara Gordon could very well be my favorite Gotham resident. Don’t be fooled with her North American tour. The old folks would say, “You can take that there girl out of that there city but you could never take that city out of that girl. What it is with her and that city beats the hell out of me… well… with all those hooligans and that dumbass clown. Now come give us a kiss. I promise I won’t use too much tongue this time. Did I ever tell you how much you remind me of your granddad? He was so handsome. Come closer.” The old folks are right. We should forget about the cowl and realize we can use Oracle how she needs to be used. (nonsexually, of course) She would work out of her new secret Batcave and she would control our Gotham heroes, who remain to wear their own costumes, until the return of Bruce. I’m sure Alfred wouldn’t mind the company. And I’m sure Bruce would mind there being a bright light with a wheelchair symbol in the middle of it shining above the Gotham streets. Isn’t Gotham as much Oracle’s city as it is Batman’s? And let’s not forget she can still deliver a beat down that is always fun to watch.

I was pleasantly surprised by Oracle: The Cure. It was the first story I have read by Kevin Vanhook and he won me over. He also gave me a perfect end cap to my Birds of Prey run. The characters in these books were dead on, not to mention that we learned a little bit more about who those characters are… as characters. For a three-issue story it felt complete, while leaving me wondering what Babs will be up to in the coming months. One last thing I would like to point out before I leave this book. The first two covers were nice to the eyeballs, you know? If your not catching my drift, the first two issues had covers that featured Babs bountiful breasticles. Naturally, as a man I approved. Then we get to the last issue and on the cover we find out we are busted. Babs is looking right at me with that face that says you perverted, hairy bastard. My face is up here and what ever is going on in your head needs to end or I will end you. After, a nice discussion and a hug I made her understand that if you don’t want me staring you shouldn’t be baring. I am happy to say we are still good friends even though she thinks she’s so smart with her computers and brainpower and stuff.



The Amazon # 3 (of 3)

Co-created and

Written by: Steven T. Seagle

Illustrated by: Tim Sale


The Amazon was a nice little three-issue story. It was an interesting tale about a very serious issue that still persists after all these years. Though this is not the first time this absurd and life-threatening issue has been touched on, these guys did it in a way that shed a new kind of light on the price of our evolutional advancements as humans. Plus the format of these issues was really consumer friendly. Much like Criminal, except the supplemental material was a discussion with Seagle and Sale. The Amazon was certainly a nice break from superhero stories for me. Some times friends I need a break from powers. The Amazon had an ending point that is fine on it's own but I can imagine some sweet things Seagle and Sale could do to continue the story. So check it out. Go! Now!
-Rob

No comments: